Terms & Conditions
Credit Card Security
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books use Sagepay as our Payment Services Provider and electronic gateway to clear your payment. Our Merchant Account is with HSBC Merchant Services. All credit card numbers are encrypted using 256 bit (SSL) encryption. None of your personal information is stored on this or any related site under the control of Alternatepress Limited or its affiliates.
Currency of Payments
All payments are initially in GBPounds. However, your Credit Cardcurrency will be converted during the payment process. Please note that the Credit Card companies may charge a fee for currency conversion. Check your Credit Card issuer Terms and Conditions for details.
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books will not provide refunds due to the nature of the products. Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books will replace damaged content with either an undamaged file of the work, or a work of equal value. You must request replacement of damaged files within Seventy-two (72) hours of purchase. Requests must be made via the "Contact Us" link which can be accessed from the Home page and other locations on the Site.
Acceptance of Terms
Access by Minors
The eSensual Books portion of the Web Site is intended for visitors aged 18 and up. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is potentially harmful to minors.
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books grants a limited, nonexclusive, revocable, nontransferable license to view the contents at www.alternatepress.co.uk and www.esensualbooks.co.uk exclusively on the terms and conditions set forth herein.
No Warranty for Content of Products Purchased from Site
You acknowledge that Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books does not have total editorial control of all the Works sold on the Site and that the content of the Works is not endorsed by Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books, nor is Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books responsible for the accuracy or reliability of content.
Return/No Refund Policy
You acknowledge that Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books will not providerefunds. Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books will replace damaged content with either an undamaged file of the work, or a work or equal value. You must request replacement of damaged files within Seventy-two (72) hours of purchase.Requests must be made via the "Contact Us" portal which can be accessed from the Home page and other locations on the Site.
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books has the right to put a temporary hold on your account if fraud is suspected. Access to your account would not be allowed during the hold period
Copyright on this Web Site, including all materials included in it, is owned by or licensed to Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books, and all rights arereserved. You must abide by all copyright notices and restrictions contained on the Site.
You may not copy, distribute, enter into a database, display, perform, create derivative works of, transmit, or otherwise use any materials from the Web Site (including audiovisual material, text, graphics or computer programs or other code) ("Site Materials"), except that (1) you may access and view eBook and audio book materials pursuant to the terms of the Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books End User License Agreement offered during theprocess of purchasing a license for limited use of the eBook and audio book content,or (2) you may download one machine-readable copy of the Site Materials (other than eBook and audio book content) only for personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to alter the text, graphics or audiovisual content, and to refrain from removing any trademark, copyright, or other notice displayed on the Site Materials.
The Web Site, including all information included therein, is provided "as is," with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness, or of the results obtained from the use of this information.
No oral or written information, advice or advertisement given by Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books, its contractors, suppliers, distributors, agents or employees will create a warranty, and you agree not to rely on any such information or advertisement for such purposes. The eBooks and audio content are provided on an "as is, as available" basis without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied, including completeness, accuracy, or timeliness. The implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, title and fitness for a particular purpose are specifically disclaimed. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the site materials is with end user. End user assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction. Some states and countries may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply. This warranty provides specific legal rights and the end user may also have other rights that vary from state to state and country.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books or anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production or delivery of the site materials be liable to you for any consequential, incidental, indirect or special damages, including any lost profits, savings, damage to hardware or lost ordamaged data or other programs arising out of the use or inability to use the site materials or associated information (if any), even if Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations of liability shall apply notwithstanding any failureof the essential purpose of any limited remedy or any claim by any other party. Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books’ sole liability to you or any third party, and your sole remedy arising out of or related to this agreement, the use of or inability to use the site materials or the information provided herewith, or decision made or action taken in reliance upon such information, however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise will not exceed in the aggregate the fee paid by you for the eBook or audio materials, if any. Some states and countries may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so all or a portion of the above limitation or exclusion may not apply.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
Certain links in this Web Site may connect to other web sites maintained by third parties. Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books has no control overt hese web sites or the information or goods or services provided by such third parties. Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books shall have no liability for any use or reliance of a user on these third-party web sites.
Links, Frames, and Metatags
You may link to the home page of the Web Site as long as the link does not cast us in a false or misleading light. You may not frame the content of the WebSite. You may not use metatags or any other "hidden text" that incorporates our name without our express written consent.
Comments, Reviews, and Posts by Visitors
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books
Wisteria Grange Barn
London HA5 2EX
Please be aware that if you decide to disclose personally identifiable information on the Site, this information may become public.
We reserve the right to terminate the Web Site and this Agreement at any time without notice for any reason, including, in the case of the Agreement, for your violation of any of its provisions. The Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability and Governing Law sections of this User Agreement shall survive any such termination.
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, we may republish such information as part of the content. If we republish your content, we may provide authorship credit by listing your Chat ID as well.
2. Site Submission Rules: We have adopted the "Site Submission Rules" set forth below to create a Site where information can be shared in a productive way. While using the Site, you agree to adhere to the Site Community Rules below.
You agree to:
• Respect other Site participants - please do not threaten, insult, abuse, intimidate or harass other Site participants.
• Use the Site for your personal use only. Posting entries solely to promote your own projects or commercial interests is not allowed.
You agree not to:
• Post any private information, or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about another Site participant without his or her express consent.
• Post any content, information or disclosures that could be a violation of any national, state, federal, or local statute, regulation, code or common law principle.
• Post any content to the Site that is unlawful, racist, hateful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, or that intentionally discriminates against or harasses particular individuals or groups.
• Post any content to the Site that infringes any third-party's intellectual property or other rights.
• Use the Site for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
• Use the Site for advertisements, political campaigning, chain letters, "spamming," survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations.
• Impersonate any person or entity, including any Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
• Imply or state that Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books endorses any of your statements or positions.
• Transmit any harmful, invasive or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms or web bugs) through or to the Site, or otherwise "hack" or deface any portion of the Site.
• Frame or mirror any part of the Site without our prior written authorization.
3. Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books' Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy: You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through the Site will remain the property of Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. The materials produced by Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books (including photographs,graphics, video and audio content, if any) are protected by copyright including, where applicable, as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the Site(collectively the "Marks") are the registered and unregisteredtrademarks of Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books, Alternatepress Limitedand eSensual Books' licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on the Sitenot owned by Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books are the property oftheir respective owners. The Marks owned by Alternatepress Limited and eSensualBooks, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection withany product or service that is not Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books’.
5. Information Available on or Through the Site: Some information made available on or through the Site is provided by third parties or other Site participants (such information referred to as "Third-Party Content"). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on the Site does not indicate any approval or endorsement by Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books of such Third-Party Content, or of any opinion, advice, or other information made or displayed on the Site by any user or other third party. Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
6. Links: Site participants may, on occasion, include links to other web sites and resources in their postings. Because Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, or for the availability of such external sites or resources. Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books shall have the right, but not the obligation, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links from or to the Site through technological or other means, without prior notice.
7. Claims of Copyright Infringement:The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") and the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked.
Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to:
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books
Wisteria Grange Barn, Pikes End. Pinner. London HA5 2EX. United Kingdom
With an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication.
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please also note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination inappropriate circumstances of subscribers who are repeat infringers
1. How this Web Site gathers information about you
This Web Site collects and maintains certain personal information about you when you send us an e-mail or complete any of our on line forms such as Register or Contact Us. The personal information you provide can identify you individually, and includes items such as your name and e-mail address, IP address, address, telephone number, or any other information that you choose to provide to us.
2. Ways information about you is collected
We may actively collect information about you from the following sources: applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically, or by any other means, and by public sources and credit reporting agencies. This information may include your name, address, billing information, and recent purchases. If you choose to send email messages to Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books, we may retain the content of your e-mail message, your email address, and our subsequent responses. Please be careful about the information that you provide us bye-mail; as with any public web site, this channel of communication is not necessarily secure against interception.
This Web Site logs these IP addresses and domain names and aggregates them for system administration and to monitor the use of our site. This monitoring helps us evaluate how our Web Site is used and continuously improve the content we provide. As you navigate through this Web Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection. This Web Site may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IPaddress is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic( changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user's computer). We use your IP address to diagnose problems withour server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and administer and improve the site.We may use the aggregated information to measure the number of visits to our site, the average time spent on our site, the number of pages viewed, and various other site use statistics. While we may review and report aggregated IPaddress information to Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books program participants, this Web Site does not link IP addresses or domain names with any personally identifiable information, which means that a visitor's session will be logged on our servers but the visitor will always remain anonymous.
"Internet tags" (also known as Web Bugs, single-pixel GIFs, clearGIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1 by 1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the Web Site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. We do not use Internet tags at this Web Site.
"Navigational data" ("log files," "server logs,"and "clickstream" data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and communicate information to visitors. This Web Site uses navigational data.
If you have joined the Web Site, we may send you, via e-mail or post,information impacting our community that we think you might find useful. If you do not wish to receive these communications, please opt-out by updating your profile preferences or sending an e-mail to email@example.com, stating that you would like to be removed from our mailing list.
3. Ways information about you is used
We use the information you provide us to contact you in response to any requests, complaints, or comments you may have about this Web Site, our products or Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books. If you have used our Registration form and have elected to join our mailing list, we may also use the information you have provided to us to contact you in the future regarding Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books or our products or our partners.
4. What information about you is shared
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books does not collect or compile personal information for distribution to parties outside of Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books. Except as described below, Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books does not share any information about you with any parties outside of Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books.
We will disclose personal information to comply with valid legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities, to prevent fraudulent transactions, or to protect our rights and property. We will disclose information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books has policies and procedures in compliance with UK Data Protection legislation to limit employee and consultant access to information to only those employees and consultants with a business reason for accessing such information. Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books educates its employees and consultants about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee and consultant responsibilities regarding customer information.
5. Implications of collecting and sharing information about you
If you send us e-mail or use our Register form, we will send you an onlin eacknowledgment that we have received your contact. When you complete our Register form, if you join our mailing list, you will also receive other contact from us regarding our community or other topics we feel may be of interest to you.
You will not receive any contact from third parties outside of AlternatepressLimited and eSensual Books as a result of providing information to us, otherthan its officers, directors, or consultants and only for the purpose ofconducting official company business.
6. Ways you can control the information collected about you
When you register for a customer account, you have the opportunity to join our mailing list. If at a later time you wish to change your participation in our mailing list, you may opt-out by updating your profile preferences or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating that you would like to be removed from our mailing list. You will receive confirmation that we have received your communication.
If you would like to update information previously submitted to this Web Siteor request to have outdated information removed, please follow the links on theWeb Site to update such information. To update or modify any information otherthan that which you may personally update, please e-mail your request to email@example.com
7. E-mailing Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books
This Web Site allows you to send e-mail to Alternatepress Limited and eSensualBooks and certain designated individuals. Information you send us will be considered non-confidential and may be used by Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books or its affiliates without restriction. DO NOT SEND INFORMATION THAT YOU CONSIDER CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY, INCLUDING BUSINESS PLANS OR IDEAS, INVENTIONS, AND THE LIKE. By sending us your ideas, you agree that we may use such ideas without compensation to you.
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books takes reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse,and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100 percent secure or error-free.In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Web Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to usvia e-mail. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this Web Site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
Additional Privacy Rights and Resources
You may have other privacy protections under state and country laws, and Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books will comply with applicable laws with regard to our information practices.
How to Contact Us
Please note that we only accept e-mail correspondence.
Alternatepress Limited and eSensual Books
Wisteria Grange Barn, Pikes End. Pinner. London HA5 2EX. United Kingdom. United Kingdom
Voicemail Only: +44(0)797 272 6992
Applicable from 1st June 2016